The Rosetta McClain Gardens in the east end of the city is a beautiful park filled with rose gardens, a rock fountain and a pergola, among many other things. Perched near the top of the Scarborough Bluffs, it offers fantastic views of Lake Ontario.
A bit about the history of Rosetta McClain Gardens from the City of Toronto's Parks, Forestry & Recreation web site: "Rosetta McClain died in December 1940 and in 1959 her husband donated their property (about 4 hectares) to the city of Toronto in her memory. In 1977, this land was conveyed to the Metropolitan Toronto and Region Conservation Authority and combined with portions of the J.M. and H.T. West properties. A further parcel from the W.N. West holdings was added in 1985, creating a 7.5 hectare park. The shell of an old pine house reminds park visitors that people once farmed this property with the spectacular view of the Scarborough Bluffs".