R.C. Harris Water Treatment Plant

The R.C. Harris Water Treatment Plant is a masterpiece of Art Deco, located on the shore of Lake Ontario at 2701 Queen Street East in Toronto. The plant was designed in 1929 and built from 1932 to 1937. It opened in 1941 and was later expanded from 1955 to 1958. There are three buildings comprising the plant: The Filter Building, the Service Building and the Pumping Station. Together they represent the largest example of Art Deco in the entire city. The use of marble, bronze and carved limestone is prevalent throughout and typical of the architectural style. A beautiful place to enjoy.

May 27, 2017

Powered by SmugMug Owner Log In